Welcome to Cie Games
Children Under Age 13
You may be required to open a user account directly with Cie Games by completing the registration process and providing true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself. Cie Games does not knowingly solicit any personal information (including personally identifiable information) from children under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us through this Site or the Mobile Game App. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that a person is under the age of 13, based on the information provided during the registration process, that person will not be permitted to register.
This Site or the Mobile Game App may include hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties, including advertisers, sponsors, and other content providers that require registration. Any website links are provided to you as a convenience only. These websites may collect data or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 to register for features in accordance with their own privacy policies. We do not control these websites and we are not responsible for their privacy policies, or for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those sites may collect. For more information, please review the privacy policies of each respective third party website.
Children Between Ages of 13 and 18
Information We Collect
There are a variety of ways in which you as a visitor accessing and using any Services may provide us with your personal information (including personally identifiable information) or which we collect when you interact with the Services.
- User accounts You may be required to open an account directly with Cie Games by completing the registration process and providing true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself. Personal information may also be required to use or participate in certain Services, such as registering for games and special game events, player match-ups and online competitions, contest registration and prize acceptance, customer support and/or technical service requests, marketing surveys and email campaigns, product and service orders, and requests from third party service providers. Information collected will vary depending upon the activity and may include your name, email address, phone number, home address, password, game user name, birth date, and credit card information. Prize winners may be required to provide Social Security number or other identification number for tax purposes. You may also complete a user profile that can be viewed by other users of the Services, which may include a profile picture, game user name and ID, other biographic details you provide, links to your profile on social networking websites, and other information.
- Mobile devices Information collected from users of the Mobile Game App may include the mobile phone number, the mobile device identifier, IP address, the name associated with the device, the identity of the mobile carrier, the mobile phone model, country, geo-location and email address. We may create and assign an account number or ID to your mobile device. You may sign up to receive SMS (short message service or text message) notifications sent to your mobile device. These messages will let you play the Mobile Game App from your mobile device and will let you know of in-game activity. You can adjust the types of notifications you receive and when you receive them by adjusting your SMS notification settings. You may also allow us to send push notifications and local notifications to your mobile device with game updates and other messages. These notifications can be adjusted on your mobile device settings or through the Mobile Game App.
- Billing information You may be required to pay for certain Services, including an exchange for Virtual Currency, a purchase of Virtual Goods, and upgrades. Current, complete, and accurate information for your billing account is required and you must also promptly update all information, such as a change in billing or shipping address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date.
- Content You may make your personal information available when you are allowed or invited to share or participate in games, blogs, message boards, online forums and other functionality. The Services may also provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute or broadcast content and materials to Cie Games and/or to or through this Site or the Mobile Game App. This may include text, writings, graphics, comments, forum posts, chat posts, communications, messages, profiles, personally identifiable information, suggestions, links, e-mails, music, sound, graphics, images, pictures, video, software, technology, code and other material and information perceived, made available, or emanating to and/or from the Services (collectively, "Content"). Content also includes any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding the Services, other Content, this Site, or the Mobile Game App, including any responses provided through user surveys.
How We Collect Information
We may also gather and assess certain technical non-personal information, including the number of visitors using the Services, feature usage, game play statistics and scores, user rankings, and click paths. This information is collected from various sources.
- Cookies and other technologiesWhen you access or use the Services, we collect information about your computer system or mobile device and your interaction with the Services. We may use mobile device application development software, metrics tools, and other analytics technologies to capture aggregate statistical usage information when you use the Services. Our computer servers may automatically collect and store certain information about you through built-in tracking features (e.g., web bugs, beacons or tags) or technology known as "cookies" to send a small file to your computer's hard drive. A cookie identifies you as a unique user to obtain information regarding your use of the Services.
- This information collected may include data about your hardware system, including your IP address (the numeric address that may be assigned to your computer by your ISP) from which you accessed the Internet, hard drive serial number, browser type, browser language, platform type), mobile device, as well as and website usage, including domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, ads or links are clicked, viewing order, amount of time spent on particular pages, date and time you accessed the Services, other browser history, your game use, how much time is spent playing the game, game statistics, and feature usage.
- Internet log files We may maintain log files which contain IP addresses to monitor website or mobile device traffic, to troubleshoot technical problems, and to report aggregate information to third party advertisers. For website security purposes, and to ensure that the Services remain available to all users, we also monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
How We Use Information
Cie Games uses your name, email address and other personal information we have collected to allow you to access and use the Services, to fulfill your specific requests, to process your transactions, to administer your inquiries, to provide service notifications, and to solicit your feedback and input. If you choose this feature, we may also use your personal information to send messages about new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests and events of interest.
We will not share or disclose your personal information to any third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose information about you to third party contractors in order to provide the Services, to resolve service problems, to correct errors in the Services, to communicate with you, to provide you with advertising and promotional information in connection with the Services, and to enhance your experience on this Site or your mobile device. Third party contractors may also use your personal information to provide email delivery, product, prize or promotional fulfillment, contest administration, credit card processing, shipping or other Services. When requesting these Services, you may be asked to provide your personal information, including your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. When the third party contractors have access to the personal information that you provide to us, we require them to adhere to our privacy policies and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information while performing their duties for us. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose without your specific consent.
The Services may allow or invite you to chat or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute or broadcast content and materials to Cie Games and/or to or through this Site or your mobile device. These materials may include, without limitation, text, writings, graphics, comments, forum posts, chat posts, communications, messages, profiles, personally identifiable information, suggestions, links, e-mails, music, sound, graphics, images, pictures, video, software, technology, code and other material and information perceived, made available, or emanating to and/or from the Services (collectively, "Content"). Content may be provided by you or third parties, and also includes any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding the Services, including any responses provided through user surveys.
You may choose to disclose information about yourself in the course of contributing Content, when playing games, in online chat rooms, blogs, message boards, user "profiles" for public view, or in similar forums. Any personal or other information that you disclose in any of these forums is public information, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality.
The Services allow interaction among players in which case your social networking website friends may see your name, profile photo, descriptions of your game activity, game profile, game name, and may reveal your social networking website ID number. This information may allow others to view the public information associated with your social networking website account or Cie Games Account. Other players may also be able to send you friend requests or game requests through the social networking website.
Links to Other Websites
The Services may contain hyperlinks to other websites as part of advertising for other products and/or services that appear on this Site or your mobile device. This may include offers hosted by third party advertisers to provide you an opportunity to interact with an advertisement offering. None of these website links is meant as an endorsement, authorization or representation by Cie Games of another website or its products and/or services. These providers may require you to disclose personal information in order to register for and access such products and/or services. If you click on a link to another website, including on an advertising hyperlink, you will be leaving this Site or the Mobile Game App. Because we do control these websites, their privacy policies, or activities of any third parties, we are not responsible for any use of your personal information by other parties. Before providing any personal information, be sure to review the privacy policies of the product or service providers from whom you request services or products, including any linked third party websites.
You understand and agree that we may disclose personal information we may have about you to law enforcement or the appropriate civil authorities if required to do so by law, to comply with legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order issued by a governmental entity or other competent authority. We may also do so if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to avoid liability, to prevent potential or actual injury, loss or damage, to protect our rights, property or operations, or that of our affiliates or the public. Cie Games is not required to question or contest the validity of any search warrant, subpoena or other similar governmental request that we receive.
Transfer of Information
International Safe Harbors
As part of our normal business operations, Cie Games may transfer data to affiliated companies from time to time and may store information about visitors and players on servers located in the United States and on servers and equipment in other countries. Personal information collected within Switzerland and the European Union may be transferred to, stored at, and processed by employees and others at a destination outside of Switzerland and the EU. This may include, among other things, the processing of transactions and your payment details and the provision of support services. By accessing the Services, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your personal information in this manner.
Cie Games voluntarily complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from EU member countries and Switzerland. Cie Games agrees to adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement as described at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. When you send sensitive information (such as a credit card number) we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of data transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, residents of the State of California who have an established business relationship with Cie Games or one of its subsidiaries may choose to opt out of the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Our policy, however, is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt-out at any time after giving your approval, contact us at email@example.com.
Contacting Cie Games
Cie Games, Inc.
Attn: Cie Games Administrator
111 West Ocean Boulevard 18th Floor
Long Beach, California 90802
United States of America