Top Developer of Car Town - the No. 1 Car Game on Facebook - Releases First iOS Game
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Nov. 16, 2012 – Cie Games, a successful social game developer and creator of the leading automotive-based Facebook game, Car Town, today announced the global launch of Car Town Streets, now available for free on the App Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. In Car Town Streets, players can find, build, and cruise with all their favorite cars in a fully customizable town. The game is built on the legacy of Cie Games’ flagship title, Car Town, which has attracted more than 46 million players and is the first Facebook game built around real-world brands with more than 35 partners.
As part of launch, new partners and the world’s most recognizable brands including Hot Wheels™ from Mattel and Sony’s “Ghostbusters” will be featured in Car Town Streets. Highlights include:
Hot Wheels™: Live out your daredevil thrills by building an iconic Hot Wheels™ track. Perform cool stunts and collect all four vehicles including a Hot Wheels™ Monster Truck, Twin Mill™, Bad to the Blade™, and the Bone Shaker™!
Ghostbusters: Feeling like there’s something strange in the neighborhood? Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! Take a ride in the iconic Ecto-1 vehicle and visit the Ghostbusters headquarters.
Nitto Tire: Construct Nitto Tire shops around town. Headed for a road trip? Equip cars with Nitto-branded all-season street, off-road, and race tires.
“We are excited to partner with Cie Games, known for pioneering authentic in-game brand integrations, to offer players a chance to interact and engage with Ghostbusters-branded content across their mobile and social games,” said Mark Caplan, vice president of consumer products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “To start, fans will have the opportunity to build the Ghostbusters fire station and own a virtual Ecto-1 in Car Town Streets.”
"What is core to Nitto Tire is innovation in everything that we do and that includes marketing,” said Tomo Mizutani, president of Nitto Tire USA. “Being the first tire company involved in social gaming and now, mobile gaming in the way that we've done with Car Town is just part of our DNA: being on the leading edge. We know that consumer engagement is shifting to mobile devices and particularly games, so partnering with Cie Games on Car Town Streets is not only innovative, it's smart business."
Car Town Streets is a brand new game designed specifically for mobile gamers and offers a different type of game play mechanic from its Facebook predecessor. Players can join Roxy in her quest to restore the town to its former glory when cars ruled the streets. As players find, build, and race with all their favorite cars, new locations and missions will unlock. Other game features include:
- Build a car utopia: Create a town from the ground up with new roads, businesses, and shops. Expand the town from a dusty road stop to a thriving town.
- Collect awesome cars: Explore and find over 60 favorite and iconic cars that will include the Pontiac GTO, McLaren F1 LM, Ford Deuce Roadster, and many more.
- Race against rivals: Upgrade cars and form teams to compete in head-to-head race battles for ultimate victory at the Grand Prix.
- Regular car check-ups: Keep cars running smoothly with tune-ups, tire changes, and performance upgrades to get the edge on opponents in races.
- Salvage old automobiles: Tow abandoned cars found along the roadside and restore them to mint condition in the one-stop shop garage.
- Assign jobs: Make cars earn cash by working fun jobs including delivering pizza and more!
- Visit neighboring towns: Stopover in the next town to keep tabs on friends’ progress, help them out or challenge them to a race.
“2012 has been an incredible year as the Car Town franchise expands and focuses on new mobile platforms, launches on international social networks, and crosses over to consumer products with a toy line,” said Dennis Suggs, president and CEO, Cie Games. “We are proud to collaborate with Sony Pictures Entertainment, Mattel, and Nitto Tire for the launch of our first iOS game. We are thrilled to debut Car Town Streets to our millions of players and offer them the ability to take the game wherever they go.”
Car Town Streets is free-to-play and available worldwide on the iTunes App Store today: www.playcartownstreets.com.